Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Gringo Trail

I have heard great review of this book from my travel friends. It does look like an interesting read and I am sure all who travelled in SA could relate in one way or another, especially those who have been to columbia. :)

However, I swear I have not done or seen the following:
"...there I was in the middle of Bogota, coked up to my eyeballs, in a hallway holding two machetes, while some drunk Columbians argued about whether or not to blow up a bar with a live hand grenade..."

I have heard some horror stories:
1. people who got drunk and slept in their own puke...(yes, very disgusting)
2. the travellers and their magic marshrooms
3. plenty of people getting robbed in Caracas, yet I stupidly went there. (I didn't get robbed, but I was scared as hell! Not having friends around didn't help either. But I guess I was rather lucky.)
4. Aussies girls that bribed the border patrol guards to get on a Paraguay boat and slept in the hammocks on the boat with mice running on their bodies...actually, that was quite hilarious.

It's football fever time, so I also jumped on the bandwagon and watched a few games. I fell asleep watching the Brazil v Aus. It's just not the same watching it at home... I still remembered watching the football game on the "shaky stadium" in Rio. The atmosphere was amazing, the massive drums, the people swearing each other's team off (which reminds me, I should ask M for that gun shot photo of the police car...hahah). So its Brasil for me. :) Brazil aside, I do hope the Aussie can go into the next round though.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home